Life Battery tools NICD VS NIMH

Bosch Blu GSB 12 VE2 NIMH 2AH 4/5SC inside Panasonic after three years Death

Metabo 9,6V NICD 1,2 Ah Battery Life eight years! Your experience?? Regards

Reply to
cugino.it

Most NiHm last longer than most NiCads. Exceptions abound. My Panasonics are great still after three years, my Ryobi barely made one.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How true. My DeWalts die in about three years like clockwork: but after hard use so many other things are wrong with the drills that I pitch them if they make 3. I feel like I got plenty of miles out of a cordelss drill at 3.

But I have Sears "professional" 14.4 that I got off Ebay really cheap from Sears as an "open box". ( I mean really cheap...) After 3 years it works like it was brand new. Go figure. Outside of the fact that it is a little uncomfortable to hold, it may be the longest lasting and hardest working drill I have ever owned.

I had a Makita drill, a "high power" or some such baloney as that that had batteries that wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day or two when it was brand new. It was such a piece of crap I hated it.

I think about the only two that really seem to have the whole battery useful life down solid are Panasonic and Milwaukee (which I understand uses Panansonic batteries).

I really don't know of anyone that uses them day in and day out that gets much more than three years out of the batteries, though.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

It took nine years for me to wear out the first set of Makita 9.6v NiCad batteries. Still have the drill too, just used it tonight, got it for Christmas 1995.

Reply to
Eugene