laminate floor

anyone know if laminate flooring can be sealed or redone with anything?

Reply to
andy

I. What kind of laminate? II. How thick is the top laminate?

If the laminate is the composite (painted grain onto HDF or MDF) type-- I doubt it. If the laminate is actually wood, it's most likely only 3/32" thick or less (the actual top layer of wood) -- a floor sander is out of the question. However, you could use a buffer with those heavy cleaning pads & some Orange oil cleaner.- remember to nuteralize- And to clean out from inbetween the cracks. Then lightly sand/scuff with a dry cleaning pad (hand sand the corners)-- then refinish with poly. Have not actually done this- Your laminate may delaminate from over application of water/cleaner in cleaning/neutralizing. (test in an inconspicuous place) However, I did this on a really old pine floor that could not take any more sanding ( could see nails in some places) & the process worked really well.

Reply to
Phil at small (vs at large)