Jeff's Wuddizit was Re: What is it? CXXIV

SNIP

>>720. I dunno, but if anyone can tell me for sure what THIS lock was >>>intended to secure I'd be grateful: >>> >>>

Hey Jeff,

I've never seen one like it, but it may possibly have been a lock-out for some cable controlled apparatus, such as a built-in-the-early-1900's-elevator. These old freight (mostly) elevators used a hand-cable to shift the over-head line-shaft crossed belt system to achieve direction and brake application. If that were locked around the cable, it may have prevented operation, Hand cables were nominally 3/8" wire rope, with about 2" clamp balls to adjust and limit throw.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson