It is nice having one's own band mill (minigloat)

Last year uncle and I built our own horizontal band mill on the cheap. Yesterday, he saw a power line crew cut down a 24" or so oak and asked them if he could have it. They said sure.

So off he goes in his little 2wd toyota pickup, stops at my place to get a chainsaw and brings back 18 foot of tree in 6 foot sections. The tree was up hill, he parked down hill and used a cant hook to roll it up some 4x4's (cut from my red pines) into his truck and over to my place where the saw sits.

Today, we turned it into 5/4 oak boards.

Free wood is always a gloat. (unless it has termites :( )

Wes

Reply to
clutch