ISO ornamental nails for a walking stick

I'm trying to replace some ornamental nails which attached an inscribed ring to my father's walking stick. We still have the ring, but the nails worked their way out and are lost.

The nails were about 3/8" long and 1/32" thick. They had dome heads which were about 3/32" wide and were a dull silvery color, about like pewter.

I've searched the web, but I can't find anything similar. The closest thing I found was upholstery nails, which are available with dome heads, but the heads are much too large.

Any suggestions? Someone, somewhere must make hardware like this!

My email address is LLM041103 at earthlink dot net.

Reply to
Jonathan Sachs

Check out

have rosehead nails. You may need to cut the shank to shorten it. They are steel, and, I think, the heads are smaller than upholstery nail heads. They are rose head, though, not dome, and, being steel, might rust.

Good luck.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Escutcheon nails have domed heads, are different lengths and I've seen them in brass and brass plated steel. Might be a place to start looking.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Try your local upholstery shop. They use a lot of ornamental nails on furniture. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Try this one:

Charles Self