IPE Deck Finished!

Ooops! Next time I'll post a fair warning with the link. Can't have wives coming up with projects for us, now can we? Unless, of course, the project will require a special tool from LV - hmm, gotta start planning that one. What project absolutely requires a low angle jack plane? Hmmm.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes

Oh yeah, buckshot'll do the trick, no question. We used to hunt with it in South Carolina, and dogs too. Nothing like standing in the middle of a cutdown praying that deer don't jump between you and Crazy Carl, who also liked to hunt with a 10-gauge.

JP

Not

Reply to
Jay Pique

The fake woods are composites but typically called by their brand names.

Reply to
Leon

Not

Ok, Ipe will burn. I burn scraps in the fire place. It just tends to burn when it is in a fire. Remove it from the fire and it often quits burning.

And that is probably Steve Knight. The mouth blocks on his older style planes were made out of Ipe also.

Reply to
Leon

My goof, I meant Steve. I have one of his high angle coffin smoothers. Ipe sole and it is a dream machine.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes

Hunted that way while I was stationed at "Mother Rucker" in the 70's. Dogs and shotguns. Ugh! Our "Crazy Carl" (SFC Samson Guidroy in fact) was renowned for killing 2 foot pine saplings with a single shot 10 because he "heard a rustle". No one wanted to be within 200 meters of him or that bloody gun. Mostly his blood from the recoil, but who wants to ask where the stains come from? As an occifer, I got early choice on plots, but always passed until he had selected. I ain't stoopid, just illiterate.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes