IPE Butcher Block Table

well it is a pretty new wood for that. but you don't usually see many tropicals for them in the us.

Reply to
Steve Knight

This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for, and actually halfway expected based on the "unique" smell Ipe sawdust has. Too bad for me... I have a cheap source and it seems to have all the other characteristics necessary. I had a similar experience making pistol grips from rosewood, and just don't mess with rosewood any more.

I think I'll take that advice.

++ Dave
Reply to
V.L. Diablo

No kidding.. There are quite a few caves in Texas and especially in the hill country. It stays nice and cool in them year round.

Reply to
Leon