INSPIRATION - SOFA TABLE

's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Very nice. I've been wanting to build something like it for a long time.

So is the bottom actually smaller than the top? Kinda looks that way in the picture.

Also, do you have problems with it tipping over backwards (in the picture, towards the camera) in use? I've puzzled over that in my own half-assed designs (perhaps an entire ass would help?)

Karl

Reply to
Karl

folds out to be a bed? Well, let's put it this way, I was not quite expecting the image I saw having clicked on that link! ;O)

It was curiosity about how on earth they'd get a sofa to fold out of a table which drew me to click on it! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

karl:

This is the class project for the class titled - "Jumpstart I" as taught at the Woodworker Academy in Alameda, CA. It's a design developed over time by the Director the Academy - Jerry Konicek.

Here's the URL:

So is the bottom actually smaller than the top? Kinda looks that way > in the picture.

I've seen pictures of these units with granite surface plates stack on top (I think 3 or 4, each weighing 35+ lbs) and it never BROKE. So it's quite strong.

BTW: The class is fantastic, good instruction and a fun project! I was just at the Academy last week and Jerry's got a few of these sofa tables available for sale (I think $50). You can call them at 510-521-1623.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
MJ Wallace

Thu, Jul 24, 2003, 12:53am (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com (Gnube) says: I'll stick it down on my list, just below the trebuchet-deckchair! (there's some spookily similar angles and details being shared between those two tha'knows!) ;O)

Tell me, do you ever get any visitors who aren't afraid to sit down?

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.