I should have kept mine

uhhh...uhmmm... okay

auction that I can't imagine anyone would buy)

Reply to
Dukester

First post didn't work. Try this

Dukester

I still have mine. May have to see how much it fetches.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

But is your in a "archival plastic bag"? That adds a lot of value.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Geez, I feel like such a fool. All that valuable junk mail I've tossed. I wonder what I could get on ebay for an AOL CD?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Dija get and keep the one that came in the mitered MDF box?

(For years now I've been tossing all old and junk mail CDs into a drawer near my desk - got quite a stack. If only I could figure out something Cooool to make with them - not PWT bird chasers or hanging mobiles.)

Reply to
Owen Lowe

I _have_ sold AOL CDs on eBay. There's a collector market in the older/rarer ones. It helps if you're non-US, because the collectors are in the US and want the foreigners most.

I got $25 for one that I had to wash coffee rings off first.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Never saw that one. Of course if it says "AOL" on it it goes in the trash automatically so I may have gotten it and never noticed.

Reply to
J. Clarke

In college I knew a girl who would paint the non-printed side and make coasters out of them. The paint over the shiny silver CD made a cool effect.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

No, but I do believe that it is encased in a solid layer of sawdust. I think they call that a patina and if I remove it the value will be reduced.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

Probably not. Do not wash it off with a pressure washer. That might have some effect.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Hey, Owen, how about spinning tops? If you've got a lathe, you could turn a stem for 'em. Otherwise, perhaps some lamp parts would do.. Nice little gift for the kiddies!

Reply to
gpdewitt

Coasters. I keep a supply of the just for that. When one gets too scratched up, out it goes. Not cooool, but better than directly to the landfill.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Silly 'mericans - nothing better to do with their money.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Are you comparing an AOL CD with a Lee Valley catalog? For shame!

Reply to
Clint

I once made a suit of armer out of old CD's for a recycled fashion show.....if you do that don't use baleing wire to hold them togther....to stiff for the CD's....lmao

Deborah

Reply to
Deborah Kelly

Reply to
Bill

Gee - I have a few of those as well......

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Even better - if you hang 'em about 4-5 feet off the ground, they'll keep deer away (guess they don't like dial-up)...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

I'm straining the ol' memory here, but it seems that a few folks posted pics in ABPW a while back with some nice turned boxes using cd's as part of the lid..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis