How to repair this ?

A part of the linoleum in one of our bathrooms has unglued and curled up.

What can we do to glue it back and how to do it ?

Any particular or special glue ?

Pls help.

Thanks Ava

Reply to
avacohen100

In the past I have had good luck repairing this kind of problem with instant glues. Put a bead close to the edges and a few elsewhere and put a weight on the top of the tile for a hour or so. I am sure other glues, including tile cement could also be used. I have found that a weight on top of the tile is a must.

Paul T.

Reply to
Paul Thorsted

Step 1. Get rid of the moisture source. Ours was an overtightened plastic nut at the tank. A very slow leak, but time was the enemy.

Step 2. We had to do nothing but press the tile back once the surface had dried. If it isn't dry, nothing will work. If dry and not sticking with the original glue, then any reasonable type of glue will do. Remove entirely if you can, then carefully resurface floor and tile with a thin layer of contact cement. I'd thin a little first with contact cement solvent [which I happen to have on hand.] Don't overdo that, and take precaution for the fumes. OR, there is water soluble contact cement; not soluble once set. Replace carefully, pressing firmly into place, starting at one edge.

Reply to
Guess who