How many woodworkers could use small pieces of Formica if they were available?

Sorry if this double posts, guys - it looks like the original disappeared.

Hi,

I have a store on ebay that sells offcuts of UHMW, Delrin, teflon and various Nylons.

I'm not going to spam you with a link, I'm doing research (But the ID on ebay is surplusdealdude, if you wanna look ;-) )

Anyways, a gentleman over opn re.crafts.metalworking suggested that people were looking for a source of Formica. He thinks that it's tough to get small pieces.

So I thought I'd ask around and see if this is something I should be stocking. I may have a source available that could provide some nice pieces (we'd be talking 15" x 24, maybe.

Any suggestions as to price, etc, would be welcome.

Reply to
eric h

Yes. Many woodworking shop made jigs from drill press tables to router tables and fences and many others benefit from being faced with Formica.

Heavy duty, solid, colors (preference for light colors) with smooth finish.

Price..... less expensive than the borg with shipping and NY taxes......;-)

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

All of this stuff is useful to me, at one time or another.

As low as possible.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Plastic laminates are useful however if you simply know where to buy, it is pretty reasonably priced. I typically pay about $32 for a 24 sq foot sheet. Yes that is a lot but I can buy slightly damaged sheets that can yield 95% undamaged for 25-35 cents per sq. foot. Either way, you should give it a try and buy the damaged stuff to cut up into smaller pieces. Many people do not have easy access to a supplier unless they live in a city.

Reply to
Leon