Help with Seal-a-Cell

As always, you get in a hurry, you screw up. I was leaving out of town last Sat and wanted to get a coat of the above mentioned finish on a table I'm building (Pau Ferro wood) so this weekend I'd be ready for the Arm r seal finish.

Well I got it on too heavy in a few places and it's shiny and still tacky in those places. I've heard this finish is pretty forgiving. Can I do something to take that excess off , in the bad places, and continue, without starting over ?

jim bailey

Reply to
Jim Bailey

Jim: Probably not. Pau ferro is an oily wood, IIRC, and finishes often will not dry for a long, long time if at all. Give it another week and if it is still tacky you'll need to remove it. For the future, start with a prefinish sealer such as Zinsser Bullseye Sealcoat, a thin shellac available in cans from the hardware store. Let it dry for at least a week before applying a top coat. In short: prepare to start again and refinish.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall