Many of us already have ways to calculate these things one way or
another, but this is handier than a pocket on a shirt.
Rather spiffy, I must say. It does:
- Arcs - Calculates arc length, radius, angle in rads and degrees.
When any combination (2 of 3) of information is known. Chord, height,
- Angles - When the length of two sides are known (simple
- Compound miter - Saw settings for cutting molding on various wall
angles and molding slopes.
- Dual slope compound miter - Settings for a box with different slope
on sides than front and back.
- Springback - Predicted springback for glue-ups.
- Ellipse geometry - Distance between foci and string length, when
semi-major and semi-minor axis is known.
- Proportion - Golden mean rectangle calculator.
- Cone geometry - Calculations for flattened cone and partial cone.
All tabbed neatly along the bottom of the spreadsheet.
It works in MS Works and a bigger version with great graphics works in
It is a freebie from our friends at Woodweb.com
I'm glad you liked the show, I'll be here all week, try the veal.