Grounding Shop Vac Hose

LOL! "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" Boy was Shakespeare right on the ball or what?!

Reply to
gabriel

I'm trying to get Keith Bohn to invest some money in my new start up venture that addresses this very issue.

It's mostly just a piece of # 12 wire that attaches to the shop vac hose at one end.

On the other end is a suppository.

That's why I need Keeter to get in on it.

Lest there be any innuendo concerning this - KB's involvement does not involve the suppository but the assthetics of the piece.

The color, really.

Purple.

"...and we thank you fer yer support."

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:23:46 GMT, Michael Baglio contended:

No. Everything is true. I just had another thought. Given the low volume of air sucked by a shop vac, wouldn't the concentration of dust be much higher than in a DC, making an explosion even more likely?

By the way, Mr. Shipdeckbeam (Betcha you didn't know you had a woodworking name, eh?), I noticed you posted a suggestion on how to ground PVC pipe not long ago:

this also work for Shop Vac hoses? How would you drive a Shop Vac hose into the ground as a grounding rod? Or is PVC OK?

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Well, you see, there was Grandma and she was flying these jets in the Sinai...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I dunno. Ever hold the nozzle 'tween your fingers and make a high pitched whine that drives the dog nugging futz? Ever blow open your mouth in front of the kids with a burst of air? Ever take balls of glazers compound and a piece of conduit and shoot your neighbors.

Dollar for dollar nothing matches the entertainment value of compressed air.

Steam, what's up with that?

UA100, wondering just how humorless can people be...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

But, but, then who would we get to laugh at?

I'm thinking Gabby got his sense of hoomer caught in a car door.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Oh, the breeders will always produce enough of 'em. Keeps the herd strong, or weak, or something...

Sense of hoomer, or something...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Mike, I sure hope you're coming up to Westmoreland in May.

-- Bob

Reply to
Bob N

Hold on there a minute big boy. Before "we" get to far along into this thing I think maybe you might want to hear what happened to my brother's best friend's brother-in-law's brother. Seems there was a particularly bad/nasty gaseous build up and to make a long story short, shop dawg lost and eye and the entire shop burnt down to the ground.

I am pondering other applications though.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Yeah, well, wif evidence like dat I 'spose this means you won't be investing.

Even if I agree to paint it purple

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

"Honey! Can I buy an air compressor?? Puleezzee??? I really need one!"

Reply to
mttt

Gabe, it's the *net*. Kind'a like 3 degree background radiation. Always there. Always annoying. Turn your squelch knob a tad more to the right.

Reply to
mttt

Sorry Wes I'd sure love to advise (advice in wreckspeak) you on a cabinet saw but I'm laughing too much.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

See! I told you. Now I'm thinking he's funnier than Tom Watson.

UA100, who is wonder, who is this guy?...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Don't use em all up. It's a long winter.

Depends how far away your grounding pipe will be from the compost heap. More than a few feet and the reduced ionic capacitance flux is going to call for #6 rubber bands, not #10. And the _red_ SillyPutty. Definitely the red.

C'mon, use yer head fer something 'sides a parka parker, eh? It's all about the flow. In this case, the plastic/vinyl/petroleum byproduct ionicals within the ShopVac hose itself. Gotta get 'em going back 'n' forth... back 'n' forth...

See, whatcha do is...

Slowly approach the Shop Vac hose with a picture of Jenna "All Silicone" Jameson. When the Shop Vac Hose gets hard, bang it in da ground. WHAM! Dere ya go.

But for GOD'S sake, #6 rubber bands. Post pictures on ABPWIRSM&M.

Michael It's all about the flow.

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Kee-rist. Coffee everywhere. I have a laptop. I hate you.

Michael Dab-dabby-dab-swab-swabby-swab-dab-dabby-dab I hate you.

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Since we're being so literal Gabriel, the posts won't live forever - not all of them even get archived. Besides, in a few hundred years there will be little nanobots to clean up for us - if we are still around that is.

If someone reads those posts, including mine, and takes them seriously, then the gene pool may be cleansed a bit more to help get us to the year 6500.

BTW, Luigi is renowned for his mischievous sense of humour and the responses are hardly surprising. I honestly thought he was trolling and not serious at all, silly me.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Question.

While I DO NOT have silly-putty, I DO have a case of circa 1980's (or

1970's?) Green Slime in the little plastic trash can. If I let this lay out for a day, it gets VERY thick and tacky.

Is this a viable replacement for red silly-putty?

"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>" >

Reply to
Bill

No but you do have the basic fixings for a tack rag.

Let it firm up and get hard and you have an abrasive belt cleaner.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Just to digress considerably...

Years ago a rather crazy Turk we knew decided to demonstrate the fact that certain bodily gasses were capable of being ignited. This guy originally had hair like Osama Bin Laden, but, after ignition, looked more like Mohatma Ghandi and he also gave flashdance a whole new meaning.

He lost all hair from the thighs, crotch, stomach, chest, beard and hair in what seemed like a 1/2 second flash-bulb type burn. No lasting damage but I still get tears in my eyes just thinking of it.

The things we do.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy