glue screw up

Water base Titebond type II yellow glue got smeared on my oak board. After clean up and sand down the glue areas I apply an oil base clear coat but the finish came out in big blotches (3" x 3" in couple of areas) where the glue was embedded in the oak pores. Any fix ups other than feeding the board in the planner and start the project over?

Reply to
# Fred #

What I like to do with glue spots is to wet sand them. Apply some of the finish to the area and hand sand until the spot goes away. You may have to reapply the finish and sand more if the spot is deep. 3x3 is kind of big though, next time be a lil more careful with the glue :)

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

"# Fred #" wrote in news:pMqdne60Zt7xkWzZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

With red oak, it's likely planer time. Red oak is very absorbent, and has sucked the glue down into its structure somewhat. Oil, also wanting to go there, finds the parking place taken.

Lessons are learned every day.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch