Edging plywood

with a bevel bit and router table.. and the edging strip could be made with 2 passes through a table saw set at about 45 degrees?

Another way to picture what they did was to see it fitting kind of like a v-belt fits in a pulley... you see the back of the belt, but not the sides/edges...

Damn, I have the bug now.. I'd run out and try it, but my neighbors would kill me, since it's 11 pm..lol

Reply to
mac davis

Same here... it's cool for an edge that doesn't get dragged against... you can actually miter it and sand smooth... My problem with it is that once you catch an edge on something, it drives me nuts..

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Pat Barber

Maybe just using a piece of quarter-round would work...

Reply to
Howard

Thanks to all for the helpful tips on edging plywood. Much appreciated.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best finish for edge-banded birch plywood. The bookcase will be in a room furnished with beech furniture on a cedar hardwood floor. I am thinking of using brushing wax.

Many thanks in advance.

Malcolm Webb

Reply to
Malcolm Webb

I wouldn't use wax on a bookshelf. Over a period of time, the bottom edges of the books will start to pick it up and negatively affect the paper edges of those books. My best recommendation is a gel stain and then some type of polyurethane to seal it.

Reply to
Upscale

Waterlox! SH

Reply to