dial indicator uses?

good if not it is something other than 90 deg.

I'm liking this idea, since I'm going through a period of not trusting any of my squares to be really square. I want to get the saw as close to dead perfection as I can, just for the goofy thrill of it.

So the indicator is rigged up so that the base smacks butt up against the blade I guess. That seems the only way to ensure keeping the distance from the indicator to the blade the same. The problem I'm seeing with that idea is that it would have to straddle the insert more on one side than the other. My insert isn't perfectly flat, and not perfectly parallel to the table surface. The best I could do was settle for not having it stick up anywhere. So that would throw the measurement out of whack, it seems.

Reply to
Silvan

You should know this instinctively: "he who dies with the most toys wins". You don't need no steenking wood.

I've been in the same mode recently and have spent several thousand dollars on tools since Christmas. Somebody asked me at work what I was going to build with them. "I can't afford to buy any wood yet." It doesn't matter; if I die tomorrow, I've got the stuff. Who says you can't take it with you? I'm getting a trailer to pull all this behind me when I croak.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You're also deprived. Pretty attractive package you've got goin' on there! ;^)

Reply to
Joe Wells

Yup. I'm depraved *because* I'm deprived. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Reply to
Silvan

LMAO!! Where can I get me a trailer like that? What kind of hitch do I need?

Reply to
Silvan