Dado jig?

Good Morning,

I need to cut a series of dado's in some 1/2" ply. They're side panels for a box with slide out shelves. The slides fit between the two sides and a middle divider that runs thru the box. I need to make some sort of jig or fixture to help me keep the spacing between the dado's consistent.

I'm thinking of using my crosscut sled and simply marking off the distance on the base and sliding the panel to each mark, is there a better way to cut these that might give me more accuracy?

Hope I described it well enough, any thoughts or ideas welcome.

Still looking for spalted maple veneer too, my local Rockler doesn't carry it, none of the online sources I've checked so far, including those listed by posters here have it either.

John Emmons

Reply to
John Emmons

Stop block on the sled. Or and indexing stop stapled to the sled the same size as the groove (not as deep) similar to setting up for box joints except that the dado sits on top of the indexing stop. The indexing stop assumes equal spacing though.

Gary

Reply to
GeeDubb

John,

Have you tried this list for splated maple?

Safely, Jim Barry

WoodchuckCanuck

A story stick and stop blocks. If the work is wider than the sled, used the fence as the stop, and flip the work , if necessary.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

panels for a

Reply to
bc

That sounds scary as hell to me. I've never done it, maybe that's why.

Reply to
mark