Cutlist Software

I have been ENQ on Google at different Cutlist software: Cutlist Plus, CabinetCruncher, etc. and would like you thoughts and recommendations on the best fit for me.

I am doing a variety of projects from wall units, tables, desks, vanities and cabinets. I do not do this on a professional basics. I would describe my work as more of a passive store front. Doing project through word of mouth.

TIA

Ken

Reply to
wolffen

CutList Plus ... excellent program, and immediate support from Todd on the rare occasion it may be needed. I've had the Gold version for a number of years and have never had reason to seek another program.

I use the hell out it, to put it mildly. My computer with the shop stuff on it went down last week, and without the ability to use CLP to optimize the cutting of a bunch of kitchen shelves, I again realized just how much I rely on it to save $$.

Also a good tool for estimating, pricing and billing woodworking projects .... including printing out an invoice, complete with tax.

Reply to
Swingman

I used Sheet Layout for quite a while

and it worked quite well for me. I got it because of the low price for the "small shop" version. It does not allow you to draw and build cabinets, but you can put in part sizes you need and it will put them on the sheet of plywood and show you how to optimize your yield.

I've just started using ecabinetsystems software and it seems to be a great program for drawing up cabinets, pricing and cut lists. The best part is that the software was free. They hope that you'll use people that own their Thermwood routers to cut parts for you. You could draw it all up, then send the file off, have it all cut and doweled, saving a lot of work.. I think TOH used a cabinet maker that did this for one of their kitchens. I haven't got a job big enough to need that service, but it's nice to know that if I got a small motel's worth of furniture to make, I would be able to get it done.

My 2 cents,

Rick

Reply to
Rick's Cabinet Shop

Cultist software - at the wreck! Oh, CutList. Never mind.........

Reply to
<wild_hare

Just wanted to clarify the difference between CabinetCRUNCHER and Cutlist Plus.

CabinetCRUNCHER produces an itemized cutlist that calculates the exact size of each cabinet component (face frame rails and stiles, case panels, doors, drawer fronts, shelves, end panels, etc). CabinetCRUNCHER calculates the cabinet components based on a wide variety of construction methods and cabinet design requirements. It also has a Project Management feature that allows you to calculate total material quantities and sort cabinet components by size, material type , etc.

Cutlist Plus is a good sheet > > CabinetCruncher, etc. and would like you thoughts and recommendations

Reply to
a-better-builder

Personally, not something I need at all.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that does exactly that, it took less than 30 minutes to come up with, it dimensions parts the way _I_ build cabinets, and it didn't cost a penny.

Reply to
Swingman

You can try this out - it's free - and see if you like it.

JeffB

JeffB wrote in news:wYV3h.23813$8C4.6843 @tornado.socal.rr.com:

one looks good for me. Again, thank you very much.

Reply to
Ted

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Ken