"Cut List Plus 2005

For those of you that have Cut List Plus the latest version, 2005 is now available. I can say that this version is terrific. I have had the Silver Edition for some time now and the 2005 version appears to a great improvement. Although you must now buy and get the latest version on CD vs. down load the license fee is still free for previous owners but there is a minimal charge for the actually CD + S&H. You can still however down load a demo/reader version for free but be aware that it replaces you current version.

Reply to
Leon

Can you give a quickie rundown of the enhancements?

Doug Miller

You may also want to check out WoodParts at

I just announced it this morning (see post elsewhere in the group). Fewer features, but maybe all you need.

PeteC

Reply to
PeteC

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:uGlUd.4118$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...

As usual the web site provides nice screen shots of the program.

Yeah, I think it is much nicer looking with more icons to do more tasks. IMHO the optimization is now more flexible and efficient. I have the full blown version of Sheet Layout and up until this point felt that Sheet Layout was a bit more effective in cutting layouts. With CLP you now can as always optimize for minimal saw set ups and cut OR minimize off cut sizes. In addition now you can also click the Style button that will give you 5 ways to cut each piece of wood individually. The style that you choose for 1 board does not necessarily make you use that style for all boards. You can choose 1 of 5 style cuts for each board or panel, The styles that you can use are 1. Where you prefer to make mostly rips, 2. Where you prefer to prefer to make mostly cross cuts, 3. Maximize side cut off left overs, 4. Maximize bottom cut off left overs, and 5. the standard out put. For the Gold version of the program you can create customer pricing sheets that spell out materials labor costs. This may or may not be good thing depending on how you like to present a quote to a customer. This version also gives you the ability to tax different items or labor plus lets you make mark ups to many costs of the project. In the Raw Materials section there are now Vendor and Bin columns. For the Parts screen there is now a Group Edit icon that lets you selected more than 1 part and change most any aspect of all at one time. For print outs you can now select landscape or portrait individually for each type of print out. And finally from the web site a list of changes on the 2005 version a.. New feature: Price estimating tool. b.. New feature: Customer proposal generator. c.. New feature: Labor cost tracking. d.. New feature: Stock trim (around the outside edge of a sheet of plywood). e.. New raw materials column: "Bin" allows you to keep track of where each size stock is located. Or, use it to track vendor part numbers. f.. New column in all grids: "Notes" allows you to enter any text you wish. g.. New feature: keep track of which vendor supplies you with each item in your raw materials list. h.. New raw materials columns: "Markup" and tax information columns. Used by the pricing and proposal tools. i.. Updated interface is even easier to use. j.. Improved Printing and Print Preview. Now, specify the page orientation for each section of the printout. k.. Plus, many minor enhancements. May I warn you again that if you install the limited demo/reader version that it will replace you current version. I use GoBack and was able to restore my previous version easily.

Reply to
Leon

Very cool. Thanks, Leon.

Doug Miller

At last! ... I've asked Todd a few times in the past to include that feature.

Thanks for both the heads-up and the run down on the new features.

Reply to
Swingman

?? ... damned if I can find that feature ... and don't see anything about it in the Help file?

Also, the update uses a _lot_ more resources than previous versions. Must be time to upgrade this old box on my desk.

Reply to
Swingman

Not a CutList Pro thing, but I've also seen "sizefitter.com" which seems to be of a similar ilk. The website looks like it was written by a Danish mathemetician, probably because it was, but the program looks useful for coming up with a cut list.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz
.

You click to select a part form the part list, then right click and select Add/Edit Note. A window pops up and you type your note. Then the part number box for that part has a small RED triangle in the upper right hand corner indicating that there is a note linked to this part. If you hover your cursor over that part number the note appears.

Yeah, my year old Dell takes a little longer to run the optimization routine. This may be because you can now select 5 different way to optimize each indivisual sheet.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks ... I'm too busy using the program to have _ever_ figured that out! :)

Too bad you can't print the "note", or can you?

I find that when I close the program my mouse jumps around the screen, apparently as it releases it resources (haven't seen that behavior since Win

3.1) ... could be I just have too many memory resident programs running anyway.

All in all, its a good upgrade. I thought the price for the CD is a little steep, though.

Thanks, Leon ...

Reply to
Swingman

Not from the program it appears. Edit the note then copy past it onto another program.

I do not see that. I am however running 512 meg memory with about 8 programs running in the back ground.

Yeah but it beats what most vendors charge for a version change. ;~)

Reply to
Leon