Countertop / Cabinet repair / fill kits ???

Reply to
nospambob

Hello.

We just purchased an investment property for rental and there are a few things that need repairing. Nothing major, but also not looking to overhaul the place.

The kitchen cabinets (though really cheap quality) are not in terrible shape, except for few chips and flake offs the laminate.

Apparently something hot or a very strong chemical flaked off a small round spot of laminate off in the center of the counter. The counter and the face of the cabinets look like those cheap, square, flat laminated cabinets you build yourself from kits with the plastic handles available at homedepot. They are a monotone light biege color.

Can anybody tell me, since I've seen the same cabinet/color probably in

100 places - is this a standard color? Is there a Countertop repair kit maker/number I can use to do an inexpensive repair on any chips and flake offs.

Ive seen a few liquid repair kits online, but am not sure about the color match.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Reply to
jason

If you can find matching sheets of laminate you'll probably find it easier to put a new layer over the old rather then trying to invisibly fit in matching pieces

Reply to
MikeG

Who knows what kind of bacteria etc. have crawled into that hole in your countertop. At least allow your tenants a fresh clean surface on which to prepare their food. You want them healthy so they can pay you. Replace the damned top already.....

Reply to
sandman

I just did a relaminate job and it went real well. Had to get a little creative with the trim work but it turned out grand.

Formica.com has instructions on doing a relaminate job.

There use to be somone selling a book on laminate repair via painting and recoating but I do not recall who it was. And there is a good chance you would mess up and have to relam anyway...

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt