Cleaning Brass Post Office Box Doors

All you need is a motor and arbor. Mine is home made from decades ago. I had a guy at work make the arbor for me in the machine shop.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Some people call those arbors that go on the ends of motor shafts "widow makers" CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

If the objects are removable, the old barrel-of-sawdust with a few blocks o'wood and a pint of metal polish, slowly turned by a motor, will tumble it clean and smooth in a lazy day.

Reply to
whit3rd

Nevr-Dull Magic Wadding.

Reply to
J. Clarke

After 11 years, I hope the brass is clean. In fact, it is probably time to re-do it. Lew Hodgett told him how.

Reply to
G Ross

Great on chrome! Never tried it on brass.

I was outta the AF by time I discovered Nevr-Dull, so tried to avoid brass like the plague. I usta weld/sil-solder brass/copper, but we always had nitric acid(?) dip tanks to chemically clean both. This at a govt lab.

Hmmmm.... I gotta all brass pepper grinder I can try my old can of Nevr-Dull, on. The can may be TOO old. The wadding tends to dry out, after a few yrs.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Pull it out of the can and tear off a bit from the bottom of the "roll." That stuff lasts forever. I think the can I have sitting in the shop is now 25+ years. Never tried to reconstitute it, but I suppose it's possible. Naptha is a major component.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Smells like it.

Takes rust spots offa chrome like nobodies' business. I kept my Trumpet Bonnie shining like the proverbial sun, with that stuff. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob