Black & Decker Router No. 7620

Before my father died late last year, he gave me his Black & Decker, 1 HP Commercial HD Router No. 7620, Type 1, RPM 19,000, Volts 120 AC, Amps 5.5, U.S. Patent Nos. 2,855,963 3,302,047.
Unfortunately, he no longer had the owner's manual. Does anyone know where I might obtain a copy? The Black & Decker site sent me to DeWalt and, unfortunately, that was no help.
Thanks in advance.
Jeffery: I have a B/D 7600 Router, that I biught in the early 80's. Still works great ( to supplement the other 4 good ones ). I don't know if you would be interested in that manual or not. If so, e-mail me direct and I'll run a copy. Also have you tried the Towson Md. or Raliegh N.C. Centers? Bill

replying to Bill Hall, Donnie@OhiO wrote: Bill, My father passed away a few years ago and I inherited a Black & Decker 7620 commercial heavy duty router but no instruction manual for it. Could you please send me a copy of the manua at my email address of snipped-for-privacy@aol.coml? Thank you very much in advance. Best regards, Don Columbus, Ohio
in Thank you very much in advance. Best

Don, I'm sure we can answer any questions you have about the router. Please feel free to ask what you need to know and we'll try to help. Your router and my router may not be the same one, but they operate on the exact same principles.
I'm not sure why I keep doing this... Homeowner's Hub folk seem like they never reply.
Puckdropper
On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 11:09:56 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

The same thing happens in another usenet group that I frequent. They ask questions - usually without enough detail for anyone to help - but then never respond when you ask for more detail.
Sometimes I wonder if the questions are from the owners of the site simply trying to drive traffic so they can sell more ads.

Don't wonder. That is exactly the case. Homemoaners hub steals the usenet content and uses it to sell ads.
replying to Bill Hall, jk857 wrote: Hello, Just stumbled across this site & find myself in the same situation, inherited the 7600 router last winter. Now that I want to get going using it would sure like to reference the manual to change the bit & properly tighten it and any other valuable tidbits to safely operate it. Is the offer of an electronic copy of the manual still open?
Have you checked with B&D? Try their website www.blackanddecker.com/home.aspx click powertools the customer service. They might be able to help.
D. Mo

Jeffrey,
I have the 7625 and that manual. It isn't much of a manual (only 8 pages, with 4 of accessories and the back blank). This should be pretty close to your router. I will scan and email to you.
David
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1
DeWalt
On 22 Jan 2005 03:38:48 -0800, the inscrutable very_dirty snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake:

Man, you guys have the newfangled stuff. All I got was this crummy old micrometer-adjusting 7614.
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!
replying to very_dirty_dave, Elliott Webb wrote: Hello David,
I just bought a 7625 from GoodWill for a steal, but it is missing the collet, Could you please the manual to me too? Thanks!
in

If you need just the collet, try searching for "Black and Decker 7625 collet". You might find the part number you need. An e-mail to B&D won't hurt, either. Most companies are much better about having information like this available than they were 12 years ago.
If you're looking for the manual to figure out how to use the thing, don't bother. Find a good book on routers and read that instead. Most tool "owners manuals" exist to cover the butts of the company that made the thing, and rarely contain useful information.
Puckdropper
Jeffrey,
Due to the file sizes, I uploaded to a.b.p.w.