Best jointing glue.

Use a wood grained high pressure laminate, waterproof glue to a water resistant (humidity resistant) substrate.

Reply to
bob

Thank you very frickin' much for that mental invasion. Gawd, you poor man. She probably didn't go near a razor either, huh?

Reply to
Robatoy

Rob is telepathic!

**
**

B A R R Y

Use the widest board in center rembering a HD 8" board is 7 1/4" and then add a 4 or 5" board to either side.As stated above this gets your eye off the seam in the dead center. biscuits are fine if it helps you align the board and you own the tool. Biscuits are not need to make it stronger. With proper clamping the top will be flat with or without bisquits. I would add a 2-3" piece of Oak under the leading edge on all four sides if design allows. This will give a beefer look which I think is right for a bar top not to mention alot of added strenght. On the under piece I would miter the corners and when done use a rasp to soften the corners by rounding them some. If your looking to increase your skills drop a small walnut inlay on the front edge. Do this before you mitre so If you dont like it flip it.

Reply to
henry

What can I say? He's got a dumb waiter.

Reply to