Beginner - making accurate 90 degree cuts by hand

:>

: Or take a couple of classes and learn to cut them square by hand. Three : days at Homestead Heritage or a similar school will leave you with the : knowledge and skill to do it.

And three hours with a router and a jig will cut a bajillion box joints cleaner and better than pretty much anyone could cut them by hand.

AFAIK, box joints were always traditionally cut by machine.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

What in blazes does making box joints have to do with this string?

If I want to make box joints I do it on my cs. If I want to make dovetails I have the choice of doing them by hand or on my Leigh jig. If I want to make m&t joints I have a choice of making them by hand or on my cs and bs. The question was how do you cut a square end on a board by hand. When you are finishing a project and need to make small adjustments to your piece, having a few hand skills is a real advantage. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

"Michael Faurot" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet.news:

I would chip in in agreement here. There's much more invested in my handplane assortment than in a new Unisaw with goodies and stuff. Add to that handsaws, chisels, etc., and you find the slope well slicked...

Back to your regular programming...

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Thanks, I think I will try this at some point.

Reply to
beatbox