Another question from the peanut gallery

Come on Silvan, we musent have style or personality. We must be bland so as not to offend the most sensitive among us.

Bullshit.

Having worked in shipping and receiving I can say A to Z is not an understatement. Common carriers and cartage companies carry everything. I've seen 'substances' on the floor of about every trailer I've been in. Packages rupture regularly. I've also had materials pass through the department that I knew were mis-marked (such is the nature of government contractors). Then there is the dust from tow motor tires that have driven through the plant picking up God knows what.

I once received a shipment of slightly leaking sacks on a pallet marked with Scull and Cross Bones and also marked 'food grade'.

Mayhaps you don't even want to be near the sawdust from some pallets.

Reply to
Mark

You could design some furniture with the John Deere green on it and start a new craze. It might make your fortune. :-) After all, antique pine (used to be trash wood) sells for $5/board foot. I wonder what the beams they are salvaging from the old warehouses in Galveston have on them?

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

You're almost always going to get attacked by someone on a newsgroup - any newsgroup. Among other things, they're called flamers. And them and the single-digit I.Q. profanity posters are part of price you pay for the knowledge you can get on this groups.

Ignore both and you'll be OK.

Reply to
Jim K

As a bland and sensitive person I take offense at your statements and ask you to please be even more bland and sensitive.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Actually I would not use POROUS Oak for cutting boards either. A closed grain wood would be more suitable and easier to proper clean.

Reply to
Leon

I don't like working in the back of these trucks either. We haul furniture, but our trailers are all recycled. There's no telling what's in that omnipresent dust. Every time I let a box drop too quickly, I get engulfed in a cloud.

Reply to
Silvan