another hvlp thread

Yeah ... and I forgot to add B A R R Y to that list of 'must save' finishing info, along with Mike Marlow and Robert (nailshooter).

Mea culpa ...

Reply to
Swingman

Sheeee-it, B A R R Y's in MY list of must saves. Of course Robert is also, but I'd already admitted that a while ago.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Pat, don't wait for the retention of the servers to get you. You can easily search this group by subject through Google groups.

There is some pretty extensive writing from members on from this group on application, repair, refinishing and anything else you can think of with finishing. The retained archives here are a virtual set of encyclopedias of practical information.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Awww.... shucks!

As for Mike... Somebody asked me to paint an airplane this coming summer, a 1946 Taylorcraft. Since you paint cars, I'm going to need some technique tips!

Reply to
B A R R Y

That rings a bell.

Has fabric covered wings, or am I confusing it with a Piper?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It don't take long to separate the wheat from the chafe in these messages.

It's amazing how much info is floating around this news group,if you just pay attention.

Why don't you take all those hoarded up messages and write up a "finishing F.A.Q." ?

Sw>>I'm saving all the posts on the subject from certain

Reply to
Pat Barber

It's simple - decide what color you want it, spray everything that isn't that color, and then don't stop until it's all that color. Simple.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Both brands made wood and fabric airframes in the 40's.

Reply to
B A R R Y

High school classmate and myself built U-Control model airplanes.

He quit building and flying models when he got a job at the local airport (grass strip) after school doing odd jobs.

He would tell me about the inspection process of the various planes.

Turned the money he earned into flying time.

Still remember he told me it was $16/hr for dual and $8/hr for solo.

Soloed on his 16th birthday.

Went on to spend several years in the airforce and then a career as a pilot for American.

Saw him at a class reunion after he retired and he told me he never liked "flying by wire", much preferred the old way.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett