Another compressor question

My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
RKG

I just rebuilt a gas powered weed-wacker and got some sheet gasket material (variety pack) from Partsource in Oshawa.

I don't know where you are based but might be worth a try.

Good Luck

Reply to
Rossco in Oshawa

Try browsing the McMaster Carr site for various reinforced gasket/seal materials.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

try just using permatex.

Or cut thin cardboard to fit, soak it with permatex.

Or just use cardboard with some RTV silicone on it.

Hell, I did that all the time on cars, until I got old enough to know there was another way.

it is the diaphram itself that is shot. Than you need rubber, I guess.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Click ont the link here and read the story. The name and number is in red at near the bottom. After you call the guy, please let me know if he was able to help you...

ted harris

Apologies if this shows up twice, I posted it yesterday and it hasn't shown up.

My father had his compressor die halfway through a job so he went out and bought another. He figured I may be able to find the parts where he couldn't so he gave the old one to me. It's and older W. R. Brown with a 10 gal. tank. The gasket around the diaphragm is shot. It appears the company is gone as well. Anyone have any idea where the gasket material can be got. It looks like a standard rubber gasket with threads in the middle to add strength. I'm in southern Ontario and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
RKG

Any decent old-time auto parts store should have gasket material in rolls. I wouldn't count on Auto Zone, Pep Boys, or the like. Something like an old NAPA or Car Quest.

Reply to
gw