1950's doors

There was a door design from the 1950's which had 3 window panes in the upper corner that were shaped like "BELLS". I'm sure the actual design differed somewhat from my drawing, but this gives you the basic idea:

did this from memory AND it's been years since I've seen one. If anybody has a photo OR knows where there's one of these doors, would you mind taking a picture of it and emailing it to me? I have the woodworking skills to replicate this design. All I need is a picture to use as my template. My chances of finding one of those doors for sale are ZERO, (I've been searching for a while) so my next best bet is to custom build it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bryan Lord

Reply to
Totalrod2

Well... if you are confident that it will be so difficult to find one of these doors to take a picture of, then hell - just go for it from how you remember them to be. After all - how will anyone be able to prove your design wrong? Besides, they were simply that - a design. Anything you come up with from memory is going to be just as valid.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I remember the doors of this type, but the only place that I could think of to find a picture, would be a museum, or library. Places in the museum are the photo gallery, something like the life in the fifties exhibit. In the library I would try the photograph section, or books on photo graphs.

My wife goes to the museum to see pa> There was a door design from the 1950's which had 3 window panes in the

Reply to
keith_nuttle

I do not rememebr them as "bells " but 3 lights of a quarter circle

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Wow, I was beginning to think nobody remembered those doors but me! There's another neat design I still see on a few houses where the windows are in the shape of 3 "fizz" bubbles. You just don't see those unique designs anymore...too bad. :( Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

I can remember that style but they weren't in the shape of bells, similar but the sides were straight, sort of three triangles with all corners rounded.

Reply to
EXT