10" TS blades

About the same difference as the difference between an occasionally-used

10-year old razor blade and a new one.
Reply to
HeyBub

I have heard similar comments about HF blades. The Forrest is good for tens of thousands of cuts with the same quality of cut.

I had 2 WWII blades, got another about 2 years ago and had one of the older ones ground to cut flat bottom groves. Perhaps you could have it reground.

Reply to
Leon

>While attending the Atlanta IWF a few years back, I got to feel one of those saws. The slider moves with one finger and very little pressure.

I also got to touch a big ass Felder(similar saw)

of course these big boys:

Pat Barber

10, 2012 11:24:44 PM UTC-7, Upscale wrote: >> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:34:10 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com" >You will find that ripping (cutting with te grain direction) will be much better with a rip blade. Never went the ripping blade route. I've always used a 60 tooth combination blade. Did fine for ripping and crosscut nicely on the veneered plywood. > > To each his own I guess. I might leave in a cross cut blade if I have one rip. Rarely use a rip for cross cuts, unless they are not so important. Rip blades do cut about twice as fast. Takes me less than a minute to change blades and just kind of do it without thinking. I doubt you can rip cherry with a cross cut very often without some burn. But as I said, to each his own. > The trick to not changing blades is to use a combination or general purpose blade. I would not recommend cross cutting with a rip nor ripping with a cross cut blade. Now if you ha

similar (good enough is OK) jobs and not the typical furniture pieces I am usually building. And even then only because the cabinet guys usually oversize their face frame rips and clean up the edges in bundles ganged up in the planer.

sets and stage furniture for my daughters school, etc.

I found Deb's recent results interesting. (No defined increase in quality of cuts over a cheaper blade, at least initially. But we all know that cheaper blades don't last as long.)

-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sounds like a good deal, provided they have the tooth geometry for the material you plan to work with. You can always find out by visiting their web site. They have a host of information to guide you to the right blade for the job. I love Freud blades. I've never had one that didn't do exactly what it was designed for, and provide better than expected results.

Reply to
kaylward

I have a Freud 10" dado set I hate. Partly because it is 10" and not 7" like my old set. It's way harder to set up than my old set, and doesn't cut any better. Only thing I like about it is it's carbide.

Reply to
Jack

I splurged and got there adjustable set, so far very happy with it.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I've been using the dial-a-width 8" Freud set for a few years, and literally thousands of linear feet of dadoes, and could not be happier with the set. My beloved Amana dado stack and shims were put away and have not seen the light of day since.

Reply to
Swingman