Yorkshire Tea

OT: On Tea. Is it just me or has Yorkshire Tea got weaker? It used to be 3 sps fl in our pot for a strong brew and now it is 4. Have they changed the formula? Has it gone downhill like so many things; Tizer, Dr Collis Browne's Chlorodyne to name just two? And Zubes - where are they now?

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
owdman

Not to mention "original" Wagon Wheels.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I use tesco value tea bags, a perfect cuppa every time. bob

Reply to
bob

I still miss Dr Collis Browne's Chlorodyne!

Reply to
Ophelia

Hello Jacob. Yes I think you are correct. I too have noticed a difference. It may be because there is a new Yorkshire Gold (at a higher price) which is probably as strong as the original and the original has got weaker and more dusty.

Reply to
Lemonade

I miss Maggie Thatcher as PM. bob

Reply to
bob

I think they're growing it in a different part of Yorkshire now ;-)

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Reply to
Ophelia

They always have done - they blend it differently depending on the region they're selling it too. You might just be tasting this.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They used to, apparently - I wonder whether that's still the case.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Frank Erskine typed

This is like deja vu, all over again...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

I'm currently drinking Tesco's "Finest". Pretty nice and still cheaper than Yorkshire.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Why does witch's brew spring to mind?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I like a nice yorkshire bitter. bob

Reply to
bob

What goes (a)round comes around.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I have a feeling it isn't hence the specific blend for 'hard water'

Reply to
chris French

In message , Lemonade writes

I can't say I've noticed a difference. Yorkshire Gold has been around for ages

Reply to
chris French