Wylex push button MCB - which epoch?

$(KGrHqUH-CMEqvI0VyHiBK2unNtLew~~_35.JPGWhich period did they span? I remember seeing them around in the 70's, so I'm guessing they were probably typically installed in the 60's?

Just helping a neighbour do an approx date on some of their installation...

Reply to
Tim W

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:30:57 +0000 someone who may be Tim W wrote this:-

They were often installed as a plug in replacement for rewirable fuses, the breaking capacity of both is low.

I would say that the MCB was installed in the 1970s. However, the installation may be somewhat earlier.

Reply to
David Hansen

Or somewhat later. I populated a Wylex CU with these in 1984. They were still available otc in 1987 when I needed to replace one.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Evans

Neil Evans wibbled on Friday 27 November 2009 17:19

Thank you both. That's much later than I'd anticipated...

Reply to
Tim W

Tim W has brought this to us :

I would guess at from 1960 to 1975. They were a direct plug in replacement for wired fuse carriers. We were rewired a little prior to

1967 and these were used, then again in 1990 when they were replaced with a more modern CU.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yup. I installed a Wylex CU in 1984 too, again with push button MCBs.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I would guess up to about 1990 ...

A slightly more modern version is still available

Owain

Those were being installed in the early 1990s, no idea when they started though.

NT

Reply to
NT

I put them in when I built my place in the late 1970s. The ones with flick switches came later.

Reply to
Tony Bryer