WTB: Siemens Thermostat

Hi,

In our office we have a Siemens branded thermostat/heating timer, which is basically a digital stat with 7 days, multiple "ons and offs" with any temperature you like on any individual "on or off". It's really cool.

I want one for home. Can I find a web merchant to sell me one? No.

Part number is RDE10.1

Any pointers?

Reply to
vortex2

?S6AD26099P.S. I'm considering this one for my conservatory. Do you happen to know what override modes it has? I'm looking for multiple hour (aka "Party") boost, mainly.

It's a shame the CM 67 is so ugly, or it would be no contest.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Bunging "RDE10.1" into Google revealed a German website giving a picture of the device -looks neat. They seem to call it "Elektronische ruimtetemperatuurregelaar met LCD en weekklok " Electronic room temperature regulator with LCD week clock"?? Selecting the 'Gross Britain" from the drop-down list of countries led to

you've seen it _in_ Great Britain perhaps you could follow the pointer.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Couldn't find it on that www site though! Christian's response is good enough for me. 36 quid. I think I'll buy one.

David

Reply to
vortex2

> P.S. I'm considering this one for my conservatory. Do you happen to know

AFAIK no clever multiple extra hour stuff.

You basically set up a global "day" temperature (say 21) and a global "night" temperature (say 10).

Then you set up your day/night temperature pattern for any of 7x24 hour periods in 1 hour chunks

The vertical 3 position switch goes between "timed", "day" or "night". That's all.

David

Reply to
vortex2

you the data sheet.

Have a look at the Rev100

is a nice touch screen and no buttons and has volt free input contacts which allow the thermostat to be forced to the setback temperature.

I found one of these almost by accident in Homebase one day when looking for something else priced at the princely sum of £12. I think that it was an end of line for them but I asked them to check the price and they confirmed - normally I think that they are about £50.

I've put it in the workshop/garage to control the heating via the pump. It's set to the frost temperature at night, setback during the day and then by use of a PIR detector, increases the temperature if I'm using it.

I think that this would do the trick for party mode without having to touch anything.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Wickes sell rebadged Siemens heating timers. I have two, one is about 15 years old, the other about 3 years. Very good value. Available with various single/multiple day options and

3 on/off cycles per day, maybe more by now?
Reply to
Jan Wysocki