Workshop lighting

I'm adding lighting to a new workshop. I am intending to put in junction box circuit, but can't work out how to have 2 lights operated by 1 switch. Do I run a cable from each light back to the junction box, or can I simply link the lights together. Also can anyone suggest a suitable switched fuse unit to put in the new building to supply lighting and power circuits. B and Q seem to stock about 300 very similar looking things!

Reply to
Charles

You can do whichever is eaiser to wire.

Typically a 2 way of "garrage" type consumer unit (CU) gets used in these situations. If you are planning on providing a local earth spike (i.e. a TT instalation) look for a plastic boxed CU rather than a metal one.

e.g.

a TT install you can replace the main incomer switch with a RCD if there is not already a RCD on the supply end of the submain.

Reply to
John Rumm