Working at height without ladders

Apparently forthcoming EU regulations prohibiting the use of ladders for Working At Heights require new skills:

John Stumbles

John Stumbles wibbled on Friday 09 October 2009 23:02

Awesome!

Reply to
Tim W

I did try it at home, and it's impossible! It's also a CGI fake!

Matty F

Yes! Another use!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is unless you pre drill the hole for the nail. The hammers don't have enough energy (or is that mass?) in them to drive a nail into real wood at the rate shown.

Reply to
dennis

The nail and hammers are imaginary. Here's the CGI nail and hammer, and the head of the guy making the video on his computer:

Matty F

Neither. It's the inertia that counts... :P

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

inertia is just energy.

Reply to
dennis

1/2 M V^2 vs MV.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

CGI hammers don't have any inertia or mass!

Reply to
Matty F

I think he meant E = mc²/?(1-v²/c²), alluding to the possibility that you might be able to do it if both hammer and nail are made of plutonium.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Well comb > CGI hammers don't have any inertia or mass!

CGI hammers might have no mass, but if you throw them at the speed of light their zero mass combined with the relativistic effects will of course give them a real mass, and they'll knock the nails in. If the nails are real. Is the mass of a CGI nail an imaginary quantity?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ