Worcester Highflow 3.5 Fan

Hi, My sister has the above boiler and it's been making a terrible racket. I have tracked down the racket to the fan assembly and I *think* the bearings are slightly worn on the fan motor which is causing it to vibrate slightly when in use. This slight vibration resonates around the boiler casing causing the noise to permeate the entire house.

Having done a quick search for the part they seem to be available but at the rather exhorbitant cost of =A3119. I was wondering if anyone, Geoff perhaps, does a reconditioned fan for this boiler or if indeed the bearings/fan motor can be replaced independently to the entire fan assembly.

Thanks in advance. Luke

Reply to
Luke

In message , Luke writes

The bearings in this are IIRC sintered bearings encapsulated in the bearing housing - not a really a DIY task

I'm not sure whether I have one on the shelf or not - best to phone up during office hours - 01923 229224

geoff

Blimey, £8 delivery on a PCB????? I've just had a 20-litre box of cider from Westons (which, compared to a PCB is VERY big and VERY heavy) delieverd by APC Couriers for £6.99. Seems like excessive postage and packing isn't limited to ebay pikeys

Reply to
Phil

Come on be reasonable! your cider is already packed by the factory and is pretty rugged anyway. Packing a PCB in a box with bubble wrap jiffy bag etc plus postage including the time to do it is going to cost best part of £8.

You could always buy a new pcb and see if that works out cheaper!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Next day courier delivery up to 5kg

Was your cider next day guaranteed?

People whose boilers have gone down don't tend to want to wait a couple of days

It also depends on the amount you are sending - I [presume that Westons are sending out much more than I am on a daily basis

Reply to
geoff

I think that most people here know that, for all my other faults, ripping people off is not one of them

Reply to
geoff