Woodworm

I have an old cottage and often bring wood in for the fire. I had some left over in the bottom of the wood basket and kept noticing dust on the carpet. Transpires, in the 3 months been sitting there, wood bores have flown from hole. Now mostly there seem to have died at the window or the spiders have had them, but nearby is my expensive guitar collection!!

They're were in ash, what should I do??

MG

Reply to
MG

Burn everything wooden.......and install plastic.

Reply to
RW

Dear MG First check that it IS woodworm In Ash it is more likely to be Powderpost - Lyctus spp

~to test - feel the frass or powder if it is fine and talcum like it is powderpost and your wooden guitars etc are quite safe If it is gritty it may well be woodworm (A punctatum) and if so unless there is some unvarnished parts of your instruments - they are still quite safe but it would be worth it storing a Rentokil "deterrant" strip (3.5mm of permethrin ) in the instrument for six weeks or so.

Best wishes Chris

Reply to
mail