Wiring Strain Relief

See

shows my new unvented cyclinder. I want to wire in the Immersion Heater before next summer :-)

The Oftec fitter wired in the thermostat using heat resistant flex and a white plastic "strain relief" or maybe it's a "gland". Where can I get one like it? Nothing on TLC looks the same.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Something like

do the job.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That looks like a Heyco strain relief bush. Heyco are now part of Anixter Components, so try

(look at the "straight-thru" bushes).

Heyco bushes can be quite a fiddle to fit if you haven't got the magic tool, so a conventional stuffing gland - like wot Owain suggested - might be a better bet in any case.

Reply to
Andy Wade

(look at the "straight-thru" bushes).

Yes, that looks like it, thanks. Pity I'd have to buy 200, when I want 1 though! But at least now I can go into my friendly local electrical warehouse and ask a sensible question ("'er mate, 'ave yer got any 'eyco strain reliefs?" - actually the Cumbrian equivalent, but I can't spell it yet) - I hate looking like the amateur I really am.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Hi

Try part number 543-894 at rswww.com (it's not possible to link directly - sorry).

They are meant to be inserted using a special tool, but its entirely possible to do it with a pair of pliers.

They are quite handy as they can be fitted after a cable is installed, and without disconnecting either end unlike any other type of gable gland.

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Manufacturers and distributors of small widgets like this are usually more than happy to send you one or two as free samples. Ask for price and delivery for say 1,000 and 10,000 quantities and then request your samples.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Strangely, Maplin sell something similar. Only in black, though.

Dave Plowman (News)