Wireless Electric Showers

We're having an electric shower fitted -- that is to say, one that is fed by cold water from the mains, and heats it as it passes through.

Looking at shower catalogues, we've seen a number of showers which are almost flush with the wall, with almost nothing inside the showering space.

One side of the new shower area will be (mostly) against a false wall, so there is plenty of room to embed something.

BUT...

We can find lots of embedded mixer valves (i.e. those that take hot and cold water supplies and... well, mix them). Some mechanical, and some "wireless" --- i.e. with a small control pad inside the shower crontrolling a valve box somewhere else.

But we can only find ONE "wireless" elecrical shower (i.e. one that heats cold water). That is the Triton T300si.

Any idea why?

I can't see why it should be any harder to "remote control" a heating unit than a mixing valve.

So why, when there are several firms making "wireless" showers that control valves, can we find only one model that does this?

Am I missing something?

Robert.

-- |_) _ |_ _ ._ |- | So what? It's easier for me, so I'll do it! | \(_)|_)(-'| |_ | deadspam.com is a spamtrap. | > > What's wrong with top posting? Use bcs.org.uk instead. | > It makes it hard to see comments in context.

Reply to
Robert Inder

Yes! the benefits of a proper power shower, worth every penny:-))

Reply to
tony sayer

Have a look at the Aqualisa Quartz shower range,and if you want a picture of my installation let me know.

Alex

Because electric showers are used at the cheap-and-easy-to-install end of the market, and the sort of people that want the luxury concealed equipment look usually have a proper hot water system. :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We had a Triton T200RE "concealed" electric shower for a few years. THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT!

The "power pack" (the bit containing the heater) was like one of the other Triton showers (T100 perhaps) but this connected via a thin platic pipe (and a control cable) to a low profile outlet and knob and buttons panel that fitted in the shower. It worked OK for a while but was very prone to scaling up (until I later fitted a Quantophos dosing gadget), but most disappointingly it was made of a kind of plastic that just crumbled away after a few years of heat. Needed many replacement parts including in the end a whole new "power pack" because the only part not available as a spare (the back panel) decided to crumble away.

Was glad to be rid of it when we fitted our Eco Hometec combi and now have two proper thermostatic showers (one Aqualisa - disappointing performance in terms of temperature changes with demand changes, and one Mira "New Excel" which is absolutely excellent - and flush mounted).

BTW did I mention the Triton was the WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT?

... and relax.

Good luck! Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Thanks for the offer of the picture.

But as I read their web site, the flush mounted ones are all mixer showers.

All the electric ones ("quartz electric") seem to be boxes on the wall of the shower cubicle...

Robert.

-- |_) _ |_ _ ._ |- | So what? It's easier for me, so I'll do it! | \(_)|_)(-'| |_ | deadspam.com is a spamtrap. | > > What's wrong with top posting? Use bcs.org.uk instead. | > It makes it hard to see comments in context.

Reply to
Robert Inder

: :

So, errr... you think maybe I should avoid Triton, then?

Your comments, and Tony Sayer's, will at least cause a re-think...

Thanks.

Robert.

-- |_) _ |_ _ ._ |- | So what? It's easier for me, so I'll do it! | \(_)|_)(-'| |_ | deadspam.com is a spamtrap. | > > What's wrong with top posting? Use bcs.org.uk instead. | > It makes it hard to see comments in context.

Reply to
Robert Inder

Well you never know, they might have improved in the last few years!

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

The heating element often needs replacing. Also you will need a direct feed form the distribution box

Reply to
zaax

In article , Robert Inder writes

Well we had two electric showers an I would Never have one back again.

If you have a decent hot water tank even something like the MIRA Event or Excel are very good and there are a lot of others around and with plastic piping, now a convert!, that should not be a problem plumbing it either!..

Go for it.. you won't regret it!..

Reply to
tony sayer

On Tue, 15 May 2007 23:15:56 +0100, "Simon Stroud" mused:

I'm not normally against Triton but after having to strip down and replace most of the components on a fairly new Triton Aspirante control panel doobrie because of water ingress after being installed correctly I'd possibly not have one.

The Aspirante isn't technically flush mounted anyway, it's just not very deep.

Reply to
Lurch

In article , Lurch writes

How do you get around the problem of being dependant on mains pressure?..

Reply to
tony sayer