winter heating allowance

I doubt if Our Dave has been anywhere interesting, BICBW.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Longer than WHAT ??. Why have people become so bloody selfish ?.

100 years ago living past 50 was good going for most folks. The state pension is worth £264,000 PER PERSON, yet only a tiny proportion have actually paid enough tax and NI to cover it, so *someone* else is paying. That someone hasn't been born yet because that's what government borrowing means, kicking the tab of cossetting todays moaning minnies down the road for the next generation(s) to pick up.

Everyones 'turn' will come, like taxes that's a dead cert.

One thing you can be assured of, whatever life chucks at me I will just accept it. You won't find me pissing away £200,000 of other peoples taxes on useless, pointless cancer 'treatment' in some selfish vain attempt to hang on for a few more uncomfortable months.

You'll never see me on C5 'The GP practise' wasting the GPs time with utterly pointless trivial 'problems'.

You'll never see me getting a 'free' flu jab, when the local chemist will do it for only £10 anyway.

If it happens it happens.

Reply to
Andrew

He's talking about childbirth and you carefully deleted that from the quoting.

Reply to
grjw

If I were very well off I'd be happy to pay for the best treatment regardless of country. As would most. But perhaps you have a different view of what is 'very well off'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do very well off white South Africans come here to sponge off the NHS, then?

If not, why not?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't be silly. My mother was born around 1900 and lived to 94. And most of her siblings lived to a ripe old age. The one who didn't was badly injured in WW1.

Her parents and my father's parents all lived to round about 70.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Makes no difference. If very well off why not just pay for private treatment - your own room and so on. In the same way as you'd pay for the best hotels?

But you forget that NHS hospitals can and do charge to treat patients who aren't entitled to free treatment. But not all of them can be bothered to do so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Tim Streater writes

Certainly nowhere north of Watford (not to mention Watford Gap)

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Why pay for ti when in their terms the NHS is vastly superior to the alternative at home and is free.

Ho one has questioned that so how can you say they have forgotten it.

Which is basically what was said - or at least they were to slow to sort it out.

Reply to
bert

He actually comes from much further north than there.

Reply to
grjw

Yup. I come from an area where there were no little englanders. I've never worked out why this group has so many. Don't think I've ever met one in the flesh.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or they are quite well off, well enough off to be able to afford the airfare to Britain and back and have decided that if the shit does hit the fan, the NHS is going to do the best it can for them.

But perhaps you have a different

Reply to
grjw

Yes it does. Childbirth is clearly not non critical treatment when the brat comes out.

Because there are plenty in africa who can afford the air fare to Britain and back who arent well enough off to pay for that other stuff.

And there is nothing they can do when you piss off back to africa and make an obscene gesture in their general direction.

They certainly don?t refuse to treat you unless you pay up front with childbirth.

Reply to
grjw

Classic case. Full dental implantst., UK cost around £10-£30,000

Cost half that in less 'civilised' countries. £5-£15,000 buys a lot of airfare...

A simple surgical operation starts at around £3000: Something like organ replacement that might take a team of ten people half a day in a very expensive well equipped theatre? Well over £10,000...toss in aftercare and nursing, and tests and follow up, and you could easily be looking at say £50,000 to treat a single cancer patient....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Likely because it is mostly sold farts in here, particularly with the ones that rave on about political stuff.

I certainly have.

Reply to
grjw