Wind turbines a complete waste of money

Charlie expressed precisely :

Isn't that just too many tolerances?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It will if 20% of the voters vote that way.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They won't, you watch.

Reply to
Jacko

Well I will.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , Harry Bloomfield writes

I can't tolerate any more of this.

Reply to
bert

I could take a narrow view and vote for the individual who would be best for the constituency. But the constituency is just a random lump carved out of the inner-city; though I have lived here 30 years and have family connections with the district for 80, its geography is not a place on my personal mental map. I could consider who would be be most useful and capable as my local MP. But one of the disadvantages of living in a safe seat is that, unless at least one of the also-ran parties puts up a rising star hoping for a more winnable opportunity next time, there is little choice. And unless the MP presumptive has form as an independent thinker rather than lobby fodder a vote for the most competent candidate would be a vote for the party I would least like to form the next government. (If they were of their own mind it would be unlikely that they would have been parachuted in to a safe seat.) So the best I can do is lend a vote to the 'share of popular vote' calculus. Which is still not an easy choice. Should I vote for a minor party so as to keep a major party in mind of its promises, even though the local candidate is clearly not creditable. Or vote for a governing party who have my support but not without reservations and who could be beaten into a third place by the loony-greeny left.

Reply to
DJC