Wind scam revealed

So they weren't in Arhus at all? The story was a fabrication (as usual)

Reply to
harry

Poster wrote "Århus area" - which, to my mind, could quite reasonably include a village 20 miles away.

Reply to
polygonum

It *was* a Harry link.

For balance, would Harry like to link to any of the dozens of wind turbine fires that have happened quite spontaneously while in service?

Reply to
John Williamson

I prefer the brake failure explosive demolition ones myself. eg.

But there are plenty of nice spectacular fireworks ones too. These are some of the most picturesque image...

Martin Brown

Didn't a judge recently allow turbines to be erected within less distance of existing properties than the local council wanted? I would be really worried after watching that first one.

Reply to
Davey

Big story last year 'French nuclear plant catches fire';

It turned out that a small fire in a reprocessing plant had happened, nowhere near anything radioactive, and pretty much put out by a few men with fire extinguishers. No one even got a blister

'chimney catches fire, two feared dead' is not international headline news, however.

Its not hard to see who is pushing a corrupt biased agenda.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are a luddite NIMBY if you don't want one of *those* in your back garden.

Look at all that CO2 being emitted!!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

the range over which a lethal chunk of ice might be thrown by a turbine blades is several hundred yards. They are supposed to detect out of balance and icing. But then the are supposed to detect overspeed and hot gearboxes, too.

Pity they are not subject to the same sort of industrial regulation that

- say - the nuclear industry is. Oh. But that would mean no one would ever build one anywhere wouldn't it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Banks aren't supposed to go bankrupt, either.

Well, yes, why would anyone kill that goose, laying all those golden eggs in Green Energy developers' bank accounts? The mere thought of it! Meanwhile, we have to live with these gigantic monstrosities. Yes there two huge ones not far from here:

They can be seen for miles. Thank you, Mid Suffolk District Council.

Reply to
Davey

Yup. Town didnt want em. Tory country council overruled em.

And they wonder why UKIP polled about 30% in Suffolk.,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

snip

I was close to voting UKIP, but the Conservatives were the only party who even acknowledged our existence, so UKIP lost several votes in this nearby village.

Reply to
Davey

I thought yesterday was fathers day, not farters day, but is there a differnce ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Pity hot air and lies can'

Reply to
whisky-dave

That's a shame. UKIP internal organisation has been outstripped by its phenomenal growth :-(

Get in touch and form a local party organisation.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh, there is one, and a friend is in it. But we heard not a squeak from them as a party down here before the election.

Reply to
Davey

It is an ex-nuclear power station. In effect it is now just a shell and the fire was no different than that which can happen in any construction/demolition project at any old factory. It wouldn't have made any more than the local paper if they hadn't been able to connect it to something nuclear for the shock/horror value.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I thought I was feeling very bloated!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Not to a German. (the V is pronounced as an F)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Oh, would you rather have a coal mine then? Or a nuclear power station/waste dump?

Reply to
harry

We have several within couple of miles, not to mention the many abandoned lead ones. Whole countryside is marked by spoil heaps and is honeycombed with old shafts and adits.

30 miles down wind of Sellafield, not bothered. I'd rather have a nuclear waste dump close by than a domestic waste landfill.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice