Who was after DIY Solar panels?

You can try this at home

geoff

Minogue.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

She'll do... url:

Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Jim K

I don't think it's even that much. It seems to be symmetrical, rather than using disimilar metals in an ordered stack.

The smoke bomb was the terrifying one. Although it's certainly workable, there's no way I'd heat a saltpeter and sugar mixture either over an open flame, indoors or without protective kit.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In message , geoff writes

And if anyone's wondering

I was looking to see how derren brown drops his pulse in the stage show

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jim K saying something like:

Think of the gripping power. Ignore the fact her brother looks like her.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Haven't seen that - but how much by, and how long?

I can drop mine appreciably for a few seconds with careful breath control. It's a well known technique in India (where they can do it far better than me!)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Down to nothing - before he walks on glass in Evening of Wonders which was on E4 last night and probably repeated quite regularly

And no, you're on the wrong track

Reply to
geoff

It's not hard to reduce your radial pulse (as detected at your wrist) by "hunching" your shoulders down. This compresses the brachial artery on to the first rib, temporarily occluding the flow. I can cetainly make my radial pulse disappear completely by this technique. Could he have been doing this?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

No, must be some other trick (someone suggested a rubber ball under the armpit) . His "assistant" recruited from the audience ('onest guv) as someone with medical experience taps the pulse rate with a drumstick on the microphone as it slows down and ceases

He then goes on to walk on some broken glass

Reply to
geoff

A chap I know was talking recently about having been involved in street theatre. Amongst his routines was walking on glass. As he explained, anybody who saw him later trying to pick his way painfully across a pebble beach should have twigged that all was not what it seemed.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Yeah - I've done hot coals