Who asked about lightening and disconnecting TV aerials?

Me neither, they may have looked as if they bolted to the chassis but the aerial connector was, as I've always remembered it to be, on a bit of paxolin or SBRP board invariably with a couple of caps and resistors.

I think that very early TV's that had a mains input transformer and they did exist then the chassis was earthed via three core cable but this would have been a very long time ago now!...

Course these days you'd be a wanting to use one of the old Russ's aerial cables, a snip at £169 for a couple of meters and for a further 15 quid you can have them pre "burnt in"!

tony sayer

In article <sk95t6$p03$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Harry Bloomfield <?.?@harrym1byt.plus.com> scribeth thus

Well as IIRC you or was it Brian said they have a few hundred metres of open wire feeders around haven't got that here!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribeth thus

And i can't think of a UHF TV tuner that doesn't have a DC short in a low ohms impedance tapping on a 1/4 wave input section!..

Even if the aerial isolator has been bypassed!..

Reply to
tony sayer

tony sayer brought next idea :

It wasn't me that said that, but yes I do have some very long wires around here.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.