While the electricians are here..

Extending a ring main to reach an island unit.

I have chased a slot in the concrete oversite but am uncertain how to proceed. The eventual floor will be 40mm expanded polystyrene under 18mm chipboard.

Metal or plastic duct and cement in place?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I'd use metal for a bit more protection just in case screw get driven in later. But not proof against the determine impactdriver/hardened screws. No idea what regs require.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Either will do IMHO. If some loony decided to ram >60mm screws into the floor then that's their problem:-)

Reply to
ARW

OK. I'll probably use 40mm solvent weld. Should meet the re-wireable requirement:-)

Ta.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And room for the mice to pass and repass ;)

Reply to
Robin

They had clearly found their way into the loft and set up home. Incidentally disproving the theory that glass fibre insulation is a defence. Although the previous owner kept a cat, I think the access route was where the kitchen waste was not a tight fit to the exterior brickwork.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I didn't know about that theory, but I can assure you that it's nonsense. The mice loved the glass fibre insulation in the loft of our previous house. They tunneled through it, nested in it and filled up the bait stations with it.

Reply to
Huge