What wood for a gate?

As I mentioned previously I got a stack of decking mats from Jacksons (Stowting) and you can see the treatment chemical through out the wood when it is cut. As with all these things you seem to get what you pay for.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

Fixed some bits on one once, it's rare that anyone needs to make whole new ones from scratch these days.

Every woodworker should spend some time working with big-scale framing projects, even just as a labourer. You can learn a huge amount about timber, particularly long-term issues like rot and movement. Stuff I learned from building barns now affects how I make chairs.

Reply to
Andy Dingley