What the thingy called...

that throws an image of a picture onto a projector screen? You place a picture on it, not a transparency though.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Opaque projector.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

opaque projector,epidioscope, episcope or epidiascope .... :)

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

epidiascope

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks for replys.

Its an overhead projector. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Hmmm! I've had a look at one of these and it looks like they only do transparents? Is this correct?

Thanks.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Correct. Overhead projectors only project transparencies.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Transparencies.

Yes it is.

What you need is an epidiascope as mentioned by Brian.

They are big, heavy, ugly and run very hot, and produce only dim pictures for all that.

Derek ^

Flatbed scanner, laptop, and data projector.

Reply to
John Rumm

There are some reflection types about - not usually very good though.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

An epidiascope will only project small prints, I'm after the item that can project something in the region of 10x8 prints.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The data projector is expensive,but yes this would be a great item for what I have intentions for as the prints are from the Digi camera.

Cheers MrRumm.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The big black one we had at school could handle Ca. 10x8's.

Wonder what happened to it, it was only 45 years ago.

Probably scanner > photo manipulation > OHP film would be your best bet nowadays.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

If they are digital photos, a computer and a projector would likely be the best bet.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Strictly speaking the instrument in question is called an episcope. however they were often incorrectly called epidiascopes.

A true epidiascope is a "dual standard" device that can project transparencies as well as prints or objects.

Can anyone remember Hughie Green calling for "the epidiascope" in the early days of double your money?

And didn't Eamonn Andrews have one in "Whats my line"?

Reply to
Graham

Yes, I used to use one for lectures. They were especially useful for three dimensional objects. I borrowed one from Spouse's school and was devastated when they scrapped it - didn't even give me the opportunity of buying it :-(

No

No idea.

Never saw either - I've led a sheltered life :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Indeed, but if they were I *trust* he wouldn't be asking here about "Iron Mountain" epidiascopes. :-)

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

Or get the digital camera photos printed onto slides, I think some of the online places can do digital>slide.

Slide projectors are pretty cheap nowadays, and better quality than an OHP where IMHO the fresnel lens is always visible.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Try

have some quite competitive prices.

Reply to
John Rumm

Its called a web cam or video camera with a projector. That works much better than an epidiascope.

Reply to
dennis