What size hole for satellite cable?

I want to move my satellite cable incoming from the lounge to the bedroom. i plan to remove the cable from the lounge and drill a hole in the bedroom but what size drill bit should i use?

Reply to
Shabs

Something like an 8mm should be big enough, unless you plan to leave the connection on the end of the co-ax (in which case you`ll need to size up to suit)

When you drill through, angle the hole slightly downwards towards the outside wall to help prevent water running into the house, and leave a small "drip loop" in the co-ax before it comes into the house...

Something like this spectacularly bad ascii below :-}

| | | O (hole) | | \__/

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Unless I am missing something I suggest the same size as the cable diameter!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I'd use something a bit larger and fill with a flexible sealer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And even larger if you want to leave the box on the end :)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Either 8mm or 10mm make sure to seal the hole around the cable outside with clear silicone or get a cover plate of a satellite suplier.

Jon.

Reply to
John Southern

A splodge of outdoor sealant would also help, particularly if you leave the connector on and make an oversized hole.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)