What's the floor made of?

Hi there

I need to cut a cable run in my living room floor.

I used an angle grinder and a masonry disk, but when I tried it the disk wore out after little more than a foot.

The floor seems to be concrete, overlaid with some sort of black cermic type tyle.

I dont understand why the disk pretty much disintegrated - why is the floor so hard, and is there a better method?

Ta

Reply to
Paul Williams

Porcelain? Can you lift the tiles? If you really need to cut them then you need a diamond disk.

Reply to
Grunff

Yep I agree porcelain is a bitch ... I tiled out 2 new bathrooms with porcelain, cut OK with wet cutter, but when I came to drill a couple of holed for fixing towel rad feet ... masonry drill glowed red hot ... going to have to buy a diamond tipped abrasive drill me thinks.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Cold chisel and club hammer.

Concrete is hard - very hard.