What's the difference (before I install)?

Went to B&Q to buy some 110mm soil pipe fittings for the new en-suite (should've bought from Screwfix but you know the millisecond you confirm the order you come up with a dozen items that could've been on it...)

I'm connecting some lengths of soil pipe that run approximately horizontally for about 3.5 metres, hence I need a straight coupling (the way it all works out)

The black plastic couplings are sitting on the shelf at over six quid, but I spotted a brown (underground) coupling that looks identical (perhaps a little shorter) that was half the price of the black one. The Scottish genes then kicked in and I bought the cheaper one.

But is this a decision that I will come to regret later - is there a difference between the two types of coupling?

Any help appreciated (I still have the receipt :-)

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo

Probably resistance to UV light (just guessing)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ta Rob. Another Google search threw up the thought that the brown (underground) fittings have thicker walls than the grey (above ground) pipes so that they can withstand more ground pressure?

But why buy a six quid fitting when there's one there for half that price and it will do the same job (or will it)?

Mungo :-)

Reply to
Mungo